Westrom Group Company Rental Qualifying Criteria
(APPLICATION FEES ARE NON REFUNDABLE)
In our capacity as managing agent for numerous single-family homes and apartments, Westrom Group Company, LLC is entrusted with the responsibility for serving all applicants and apartment residents in a fair and equitable manner pursuant to the Federal, State, and Local Anti-Discrimination Laws (the "Fair Housing Laws"). We firmly believe in providing equal opportunity to all persons regardless of their age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, familial status, marital status, sexual preference/orientation, and any other factor deemed impermissible for consideration in accordance with applicable local, state and Federal laws, and we are committed to enforcing the Fair Housing Laws.
As a pledge of our dedication to Fair Housing Laws and our commitment to provide equal opportunity and equal service to applicants and residents, Westrom Group Company, LLC understands and enforces a strict company Fair Housing (or Equal Housing Opportunity) Policy at all its properties. Our on-going commitment to providing fair and equal treatment to our future and current residents will ensure equal housing opportunities and the success of our operations.
Complaints alleging housing discrimination may be filed with the nearest office of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), or by calling HUD's toll free number, 1-800-697-6967 (voice), or 1-800-543-8294 (TDD). HUD may also be contacted on the Internet at http://www.hud.gov/offices/fheo/index.cfm.
RENTAL SCREENING CRITERIA:
Below - Each person 18 and over must complete an application. The application fee is $50.00 per
person 18 and over. Application, processing fee, and Pet Screening Fees are non-refundable.
RESIDENT BENEFIT PACKAGE
The Westrom Group Resident Benefits Package (RBP) delivers savings and convenient, professional services that
make taking care of your home second nature. By applying, Applicant agrees to be enrolled (once approved) and to
pay the applicable cost of $45.95 month, payable with rent.
- HVAC air filter delivery directly to your door approximately every 60 days.
- Move-in concierge service: one call set up your utility services, cable, and internet services
- Hassle Free Move In: For your convenience, keys are at the property day of move in.
- Online portal: Access to your account, documents, communication and payment options.
- Credit building to help boost your credit score with timely rent payments.
- A Resident rewards program that helps you earn rewards for paying your rent on time.
- Late Pay Forgiveness: Good for one late rent payment during term of lease. (5 Day Maximum Forgiveness,
- 24/7 online maintenance reporting.
- Vetted vendors: We ensure all third-party vendors are qualified an exceed our standards of professionalism.
- Home buying assistance for when the time is right to buy your “forever” home.
- $1M Identity Protection for all adult leaseholders
- Renters Insurance that meets all lease requirements from an A-rated carrier.
Renters Insurance requirements and options:
The Landlord requires Tenant obtain liability coverage of at least $100,000 in property damage and legal liability from an
A-rated carrier and to maintain such coverage throughout the entire term of the lease agreement. Tenant is required to furnish
Landlord evidence of the required insurance prior to occupancy, at the time of each lease renewal period, and upon request.
To satisfy the insurance requirement, Tenant may either (1) be automatically enrolled into a policy that satisfies the coverage
requirements as part of the Resident Benefits Package; or (2) obtain alternative liability coverage from an insurer of Tenant’s
choice. The option Tenant chooses will not affect whether Tenant’s lease application is approved or the terms of Tenant’s
Option 1: Do nothing. Tenant will be automatically enrolled into an insurance policy as part of the Resident Benefits Package.
No further action is required. Coverage will begin on the effective date of Tenant’s lease and continue throughout the lease
term. Please refer to the evidence of insurance that is supplied by Westrom Group for additional coverage details. The
Resident Benefits Package monthly rate will be adjusted by the premium amount in the policy. Residents will be responsible
for $500 deductible per incident for claims.
Option 2: Buy a policy. If Tenant prefers, Tenant may find, purchase, and maintain another policy that satisfies the Landlord’s
requirements. The Resident Benefits Package monthly amount will be adjusted accordingly. Visit
http://insurance.residentforms.com/ and follow the instructions listed there to provide evidence of the required insurance
coverage to your Landlord. It is Tenant’s responsibility to pay premiums directly to your insurance provider. If the policy is
terminated or lapses, Tenant will be subject to a lease violation fee of $50.00 and agrees to be subsequently enrolled into the
policy referenced in Option 1 above.
Please be sure that your policy meets the following criteria prior to submitting:
- Policy is purchased from an A-rated carrier.
- Policy meets or exceeds the required $100,000 in property damage and legal liability.
- Westrom Group is listed as additional interest
- Westrom Group address is listed as: PO Box 66012 Dallas, TX 75266
Pet Application is required for EACH pet as well as NO Pet. Please complete the pet application below:
Pet Application Now
Completion is required prior to processing application.
Only small to medium sized (over 50lbs requires approval and may be subject to increase pet fee), 2 pet limit, non-violent, common domesticated household pets will be allowed on any property that permits animals. Unless specific zoning laws permit, farm animals, snakes, other reptiles, exotic animals, and any large or aggressive animal will not be approved.
Prohibited dog breed list: Rottweilers, Staffordshire Terriers, Pit Bull Terriers, American Bulldog, Bullmastiff, Akitas, Shar Pei, Dalmation, Presa Canarios, Dobermans, German Shephards, Chows, Huskies, Great Danes, Alaskan Malamutes, St. Bernards, Mastiffs, Wolf hybrids and mixed breeds of any of the above or any other breeds expressly prohibited by owner’s home insurance policy will not be approved. Exceptions to the prohibited breed list may be granted for qualified service animals, licensed breed, trained military/K9 working dogs, or for those with an insurance policy with specific coverage for pet damage and for the specific breed. All dogs must be at least 1 year of age.
Non-refundable pet fee due at time of deposit (per pet): $300.00
Monthly pet rent: $25.00 a month fee (per pet).
In order to be approved for residency with Westrom Group Company, all applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Identification: The applicant must provide a government issued ID.
- Income: The applicant:
- Must provide at least 60 days of consecutive paycheck stubs
- OR 3 months bank statements
- OR (for self-employed) last year's tax returns and 6 months of bank statements
- Monthly household combined income must be 3 times the amount of market rent.
- Child Support, Overtime or Bonuses are not included in income calculation.
- Guarantee is accepted for students only, must be a local resident, must not owe any debt to another community/landlord,
must adhere to all qualifying criteria and must complete application and pay required fees.
- Employment: The applicant:
- Must provide at least 6 months of immediate, consecutive employment history to be verified. If applicant has been employed at current position less than 6 months, then must provide previous job history to be verified.
- Criminal History:
- Criminal history of a sexual crime or crime against another person is an automatic denial.
- Felony convictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis if they are 5 years or older with no other criminal activity.
- Misdemeanors involving injury to persons or sexual offenses are an automatic denial.
- Credit History:
- A credit report will be pulled for any applicant 18 years or older.
- Credit Scores of all applicants for one property will be averaged together.
- Credit Scores 625 and below may be subject to additional deposits.
- No bankruptcies in the last 5 years.
- Rental History:
- 2 years of verifiable rental history or 2 years of verifiable mortgage payments required.
- Negative Rental History will result in automatic denial.
- No evictions or foreclosures in the last 5 years.
- Approval & Payments:
- Any applicant who has been approved for a Westrom Group Company rental will have 24 hours from the approval notification to sign the lease, pay the security deposit and pro-rated rent.
- Upon signed approval notification and lease execution, security deposits are non refundable should applicant cancel prior to move in.
- Approved applicants will be charged a $99.00 Administration Fee due in 24 hours from approval notification.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I opt out of this Residents Benefit Package?
Yes - however, only the Insurance Portion. Westrom Group is providing
the Resident’s Benefits Package to all Tenants. The Insurance coverage being provided is applied to each home under
Management. Tenants receive the benefits of coverage without applications, credit checks or billing required with other Renter
What if I have my own Renter’s Insurance coverage?
The Resident Benefits Package will apply to all homes and tenants under Westrom Group Company. Tenants may opt-out of the insurance portion of this program by showing proof of Renter’s Insurance with coverage listed above and naming Westrom Group Company Additionally Insured for a cost savings of $10.95 per month. Resident’s are required to continue coverage during the entire term of lease and provide Westrom Group proof of Insurance each subsequent renewal term. If coverage lapses Resident will automatically be enrolled in the Resident Benefit Package with Renter’s Insurance and will be charged $10.95.
NOTE: The total monthly cost of the Resident Benefits Package is all-inclusive, and no discounts will be given if
any element of the package is unavailable due to a lack of HVAC or another limitation at a specific property.