Westrom Group Company Rental Qualifying Criteria
(APPLICATION FEES ARE NON REFUNDABLE)
In our capacity as managing agent for numerous single-family homes and apartments, Westrom Group Company, LLC is entrusted with the responsibility for serving all applicants and apartment residents in a fair and equitable manner pursuant to the Federal, State, and Local Anti-Discrimination Laws (the "Fair Housing Laws"). We firmly believe in providing equal opportunity to all persons regardless of their age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, familial status, marital status, sexual preference/orientation, and any other factor deemed impermissible for consideration in accordance with applicable local, state and Federal laws, and we are committed to enforcing the Fair Housing Laws.
As a pledge of our dedication to Fair Housing Laws and our commitment to provide equal opportunity and equal service to applicants and residents, Westrom Group Company, LLC understands and enforces a strict company Fair Housing (or Equal Housing Opportunity) Policy at all its properties. Our on-going commitment to providing fair and equal treatment to our future and current residents will ensure equal housing opportunities and the success of our operations.
Complaints alleging housing discrimination may be filed with the nearest office of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), or by calling HUD's toll free number, 1-800-697-6967 (voice), or 1-800-543-8294 (TDD). HUD may also be contacted on the Internet at http://www.hud.gov/offices/fheo/index.cfm.
All applicants must complete a No Pet / With Pet application at https://westromgroup.petscreening.com/
Only small to medium sized (over 50lbs requires approval and may be subject to increase pet fee), 2 pet limit, non-violent, common domesticated household pets will be allowed on any property that permits animals. Unless specific zoning laws permit, farm animals, snakes, other reptiles, exotic animals, and any large or aggressive animal will not be approved.
Prohibited dog breed list: Rottweilers, Staffordshire Terriers, Pit Bull Terriers, American Bulldog, Bullmastiff, Akitas, Shar Pei, Dalmation, Presa Canarios, Dobermans, German Shephards, Chows, Huskies, Great Danes, Alaskan Malamutes, St. Bernards, Mastiffs, Wolf hybrids and mixed breeds of any of the above or any other breeds expressly prohibited by owner’s home insurance policy will not be approved. Exceptions to the prohibited breed list may be granted for qualified service animals, licensed breed, trained military/K9 working dogs, or for those with an insurance policy with specific coverage for pet damage and for the specific breed. All dogs must be at least 1 year of age.
Non-refundable pet fee due at time of deposit (per pet): $300.00
Monthly pet rent: $25.00 a month fee (per pet).
All monies will be due within 24 hours after application has been approved.
In order to be approved for residency with Westrom Group Company, all applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Identification: The applicant must provide a government issued ID.
- Pets: The applicant must provide a picture of each pet. Picture to be of pet with applicant. Current shot records must be provided.
- Income: The applicant:
- Must provide at least 60 days of consecutive paycheck stubs
- OR 3 months bank statements
- OR (for self-employed) last year's tax returns and 6 months of bank statements
- Monthly household combined income must be 3 times the amount of market rent.
- Child Support, Overtime or Bonuses are not included in income calculation.
- If a Lease Guaranty is required: Guaranty must not owe any debt to another community/landlord, must adhere to all qualifying criteria, and must make a personal visit with the manager prior to the lease application being approved.
- Employment: The applicant:
- Must provide at least 6 months of immediate, consecutive employment history to be verified. If applicant has been employed at current position less than 6 months, then must provide previous job history to be verified.
- Criminal History:
- Criminal history of a sexual crime or crime against another person is an automatic denial.
- Felony convictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis if they are 5 years or older with no other criminal activity.
- Misdemeanors involving injury to persons or sexual offenses are an automatic denial.
- Credit History:
- A credit report will be pulled for any applicant 18 years or older.
- Credit Scores of all applicants for one property will be averaged together.
- Credit Scores 625 and below may be subject to additional deposits.
- No bankruptcies in the last 5 years.
- Rental History:
- 2 years of verifiable rental history or 2 years of verifiable mortgage payments required.
- Negative Rental History will result in automatic denial.
- No evictions or foreclosures in the last 5 years.
- Approval & Payments:
- Any applicant who has been approved for a Westrom Group Company rental will have 24 hours from the approval notification to sign the lease, pay the security deposit and pro-rated rent.
- Upon signed approval notification and lease execution, security deposits are non refundable should applicant cancel prior to move in.
- Approved applicants will be charged a $99.00 Administration Fee due in 24 hours from approval notification.